- 1kg chicken wings
- 6 medium garlic cloves, finely grated or pressed* Use Garlic Oil if Low FODMAP
- 1/4 cup chopped rosemary, thyme, and/or oregano
- 2 tablespoons oil (I like to use macadamia as it has a high burn point)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, plus more
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more
- Pat wings very dry with paper towels. Whisk garlic, herbs, oil, 1 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper in a large bowl. Add wings and toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap or transfer wings and marinade to a resealable plastic bag. Chill at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Prepare a grill for two zones, medium and medium-high, or heat a grill pan over medium. Working in batches if necessary, grill wings over medium heat, turning occasionally, until skin is starting to brown and fat is rendering, about 12 minutes.
- Move wings to medium-high zone of grill or increase heat under grill pan to medium-high. Cook wings, moving to a cooler section of grill or reducing heat if they start to burn, until cooked through, and skin is crisp and lightly charred, 5–10 minutes.
- Transfer wings to a platter. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
- Wings can be marinated 1 day ahead; keep chilled.