So enjoy & warm up those little bellies (and big bellies alike!) with this classic winter warmer!
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Grease a large oven proof dish.
- Finely chop the green leek tips. Dice the carrots, and finely slice the silverbeet (spinach or kale). Peel the potatoes and cut into small pieces.
- Place the potatoes into a large saucepan, cover with hot water, and boil for 15 to 20 minutes until tender.
- While the potatoes cook, heat a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add the garlic infused oil, green leek tips and lean lamb mince (or beef mince). Cook until browned. Add the FODMAPPED For You Red Wine Simmer sauce, FODMAPPED For You Chicken Stock, Worcestershire sauce, diced carrots, and silverbeet. Mix well and turn down the heat to medium. Allow to simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, remove from heat once the sauce has reduced. Then stir through the basil leaves and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Mash the potatoes with low FODMAP milk, dairy free spread (or butter), wholegrain mustard, and a few grinds of salt.
- Place the lean lamb mince (or beef mince) into the large oven proof dish. Evenly top with the mustard mashed potato. Then sprinkle with low FODMAP grated cheese if desired.
- Place into the oven uncovered and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden. Allow to rest for five minutes, then serve with a side of steamed green beans.
1 tbsp garlic infused oil*
600 g lamb/beef or pork mince (or a combination)
80 g (1 cup) leek (green tips only, finely chopped)*
375 g FODMAPPED Red Wine + Italian Herbs Tomato Pasta Sauce (if not Low FODMAP then any pasta sauce)
250 ml (1 cup) FODMAPPED Slow Cooked Chicken Stock
1 1/2 tbsp worcestershire sauce*
4 medium carrot (finely diced)
100 g) silverbeet (spinach or kale) stalks removed, finely chopped
or use 1 cup frozen vegetables e.g. carrot, corn & beans
1 handful fresh basil (finely chopped)
salt & pepper
1.2 kg potato (peeled & chopped into pieces)
2 tbsp dairy free spread (olive oil spread or butter)*
3 tsp wholegrain mustard*
63 ml (1/4 cup) low FODMAP milk
1/2 tsp salt
100 g low FODMAP cheese (cheddar, colby, mozzarella)
100 g colby or cheddar cheese or soy based cheese (optional) (grated, for topping)*
Serve with 200 g green beans