Now a lot of you know that Jonah and I follow a Low FODMAP Diet because we have some tummy troubles and finding a good recipe can be hard, but finding a real 100% Spelt Sourdough is even harder.... I HAVE THE SOLOUTION!!! AND SHE IS WONDERFUL!!! I asked Katie, from The Wonky Loaf, if she could try to do a 100% Organic Spelt Sourdough... AND SHE DID IT!!!! This is the real stuff... (we were happy to be your test bunnies so you can now all enjoy it too!)
So if you are also on a LOW FODMAP Diet (OR JUST LOVE SOURDOUGH) and live on the Sunshine Coast, come down and see Katie & I at the Marcoola Markets every Saturday 8am - 12noon. https://www.facebook.com/thewonkyloaf/
Now to get to the Minestrone.... TEXT "BEEF CHEEKS" TO 0417 779 374 to order your BEEF CHEEKS and get cooking!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (*use Garlic Infused oil if LOW FODMAP)
- 500g beef cheeks, trimmed, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 2 each carrots, celery stalks and garlic cloves (*leave out garlic if LOW FODMAP), finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped (*swap to the green part of a leek or shallots if Low FODMAP)
- 1/3 cup (95g) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (125ml) red wine
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1L (4 cups) beef stock
- 125g risoni pasta (or any small size pasta)
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Parmesan, pesto and some sourdough to serve
WHAT TO DO:
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Season beef, then cook, in batches, for 3-4 minutes, turning, until browned. Set aside.
- Add carrot, celery, garlic* and onion* to pan and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables soften. Return beef to pan with tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine, tomato and stock, season, then bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and partially cover. (if you are using a slow cooker, simply add everything to the crockpot now and turn it on for 3-4hrs)
- Cook for 2 hours or until beef is tender. Add risoni and cook for a further 10 minutes until al dente. Stir in spinach until wilted.
- Divide soup among bowls and serve with parmesan shavings, pesto and the most amazing Wonky Loaf Sourdough!