Beef Beetroot & Feta Burgers
- 300 g grass fed beef mince
- 1 small brown onion, grated
- 1 small Beetroot, raw, grated (you can use whole cooked - tinned- beetroots but it will end up a bit soggy)
- 60 g feta cheese, crumbled (I prefer a sheep or goats feta for a bit more bite!)
- 1 tbs wholegrain mustard
- 240 g wholemeal bread roll, (6 x 60g large roles)
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 2 medium Tomatoes, sliced
- 12 individual pickled gherkin, drained, halved
- 70 g tomato relish, (¼ cup)
- 2tbs olive oil / spray
- Place mince, onion, beetroot, feta and mustard in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix until well combined. Shape mixture into 6 large or 12 slider patties.
- Slice each bun in half horizontally
- Heat a barbecue or chargill plate over medium heat with oil.
- Cook patties for 3-5 minutes each side or until cooked through and golden.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to rest. Lightly toast cut sides of bun for 2 minutes until golden.