So I thought we could talk Christmas Hams.... I know most people don't even want to think about Christmas lunch until December, but we get so many people who do leave it until the last minute & then they are super disappointed that they missed out on one of our Free Range, QLD Grown, in-house smoked Hams. We usually sell out by the end of November, so to encourage you to start thinking about ordering NOW, we are putting everyone, who orders by the 21st November, into the draw to WIN a 5KG Yandina Butchery Free Range Ham! So you can keep it for yourself or imagine giving it to your family or a friend for Christmas!
Now our hams, as I said before, are all smoked in-house & ready to eat as is, but I know that SO many people love to do a glaze & bake their ham for a special Christmas Lunch. I have found an awesome collection of Glazed Ham Recipes to share with you... the hard part is going to be choosing just one!!!
While we are talking ham, I wanted to bring to your attention, the fact that 70% of bacon & ham sold in Australia is imported! They import the pork and can turn it into ham and bacon, meaning that they can stick an Australia Made Sticker on their product, which we have been told for yeast to look out for. So please make sure you look for an Australian Grown Ham, or even better, come & get one of our QLD Grown, Gooralie Free Range Hams, and you know you'll be enjoing an amazing ham this Christmas!
Here are just a few of the many options there are for glazing a ham...
Festive Black Cherry and Honey Glazed Ham
Who doesn't love cherries at Christmas? And with only 10 minutes prep time, this is a very impressive glaze that doesn't take up all of your time on Christmas Morning!
1 x 3-4kg bone in double smoked half leg ham
2 litres clear apple juice
3 cinnamon sticks, cracked
1 x 305g jar black cherry jam
½ teaspoon cinnamon ground
1 x 415g can black cherries in syrup
- Using a small sharp knife carefully lift on side of the ham rind, then using your finger tips gently separate the rind from the fat in one piece.
- Cut a shallow diamond pattern in the fat.
- Place the leg ham into a large baking dish and pour over the apple juice add the cinnamon sticks to the baking pan.
- Place the ham into the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan combine the black cherry and Madagascan vanilla jam, orange blossom honey and the black cherries. Heat stirring over a medium heat and simmer 4 minutes. Set aside until required.
- Remove the ham from the oven and drizzle the prepared cherry glaze over the ham (use a large spoon or brush to coat the ham liberally).
- Return the ham to the oven and bake for a further 50 minutes. Basting with glaze occasionally.
- Allow ham to rest in the pan for 20 minutes prior to serving.
- To serve, tie the hock with a little fabric for easy carving. Place ham onto the serving platter and drizzle over any remaining glaze. Serve with traditional gravy, steamed green beans, baby carrots and seeded mustard. This ham is delicious with roasted vegetables or salad.
Baked Ham with Plum and Pomegranate Glaze
This is another quick & simple glaze to prepare with an impressive presentation!
Baked Ham with Cider and Salted Caramel Glaze
This sounds just amazing & a little different for a Christmas Feast....
Marmalade & maple glazed ham
This one takes a little longer to prep, but is so worth it...
For more Pork & Christmas Glaze recipes, check out the Pork website: