And the controversial recipe this week is MEATLOAF! You either love it or hate it! My mum didn't really make it so I first came across meatloaf in high school Home Economics Class and I really liked it! My family are divided but I'm wanting to try again with this new recipe to win them over. (and it's a great recipe to sneak some more vegetables into their meal!)
EASY MEATLOAF - Low Fodmap & SIBO Friendly
- 500g ground beef
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary- minced
- ¼ tsp fresh oregano- minced (can also use dried)
- 4 tbsp garlic infused oil
- 2 small carrot- shredded (I like to sneak in some zucchini too!
- 6 tbsp coconut flour (or regular flour)
- 2 eggs
- 11/2 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup (165 ml) ketchup
- 1/3 cup (71 g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 4 rashers of bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- For the Sauce: Whisk all of the sauce ingredients together; set aside.
- Meatloaf: Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Press meat mix into a small baking dish
- Spread about half of the sauce on top of the loaf, coating the top and sides. Reserve any remaining sauce to serve alongside cooked meatloaf. Use your fingers to lay bacon over the meatloaf on a slight diagonal, tucking the ends underneath the loaf. The sauce will help the pieces stick and stay in place.
- Bake till cooked through about 20-30min depending on how well done you like your meat