Now some of you may know that my son & I have SIBO and so we have to eat a Low FODMAP diet, which is recommended for so many people with IBS... and so I have included some Low FODMAP options for you too! So cook up & enjoy!
- 500 - 750g grass fed beef mince
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 400g can red kidney beans - low FODMAP use a can of chic peas - drained
- 400g can corn kernals
- 2 cups water
- 1 bunch shallots, thinly sliced (green parts only)
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- ½ green capsicum, diced
- packet of Chili Con Carne Seasoning OR for Low FODMAP - See below
- LOW FODMAP SEASONING
- 2 Tbsp. chili flakes or powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- For serving: shredded cheddar cheese, lactose-free sour cream, tortilla chips, fresh chopped coriander
What to do:Brown and crumble the beef mince in a large stock pot or saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes, beans, corn, water, shallots, red and green capsicum, taco seasoning, or Low FODMAP herbs to the pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered, but slightly vented, for about 30 minutes. Uncover and continue simmering until desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
Serve your Low FODMAP chili garnished with the shredded cheese, lactose-free sour cream, tortilla chips and coriander.