We only sell Grass fed & finished beef because its better for the animal, better for the environment & better for our health as it is lower in cholesterol & higher in Omega 3's and other heart disease fighting vitamins... so some tips
- first you want to remove the meat from the fridge about 10min before you want to cook it, so it can take the chill off it & come to room temperature
- preheat your pan or grill to a med/high heat
- Oil the steak, not the pan or grill and this will help to prevent it from sticking
- Use your tongs to handle the steak - not a fork as you don't want to pierce the meat which will reduce the juices.
- Don't crowd the pan or grill - because this will reduce the heat and make it release its juices instead of sealing them in.
- Turn your steak just once... the more you flip it the tougher it gets
- Rest your steak after cooking it by loosely covering it with some foil for 3-5 min. This allows the juices to settle and the muscle fibres to relax which makes for a more tender steak!
- Depending on how well you like your steak will depend on the time its on the heat for... a Rare steak is only about 2.5min each side, Med Rare onwards is more about a visual cue, touch & temperature. Med Rare - just when the moisture is visible on the top you turn it, Medium you want the moisture to be pooling on top before turning & and from then on they stay on longer once they've been turned.
- To make it easier for you there is a Steakmate App and I strongly recommend a meat thermometer.