FRESH AND DELICIOUS
Lemon & Rosemary Loin Chops (with Pea & Lemon Dip)
- 8 lamb loin chops, fat trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 tbsp rosemary leaves, finely chopped (I would normally add some dried oregano here too!)
- 1 cup (150g) frozen peas, blanched in boiling water
- 1/3 cup (100g) Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- Chargrilled lemon wedges, to serve
1. Place the oil, 2 cloves garlic, half the lemon zest and juice, rosemary and lamb in a large snap lock bag. Season and set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small food processor place remaining garlic, lemon zest and juice, peas, yoghurt, tahini, mint, and chilli, if using. Season and blend until combined.
3. Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat and cook lamb for 3 to 4 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 5 minutes.
4. Serve lamb with pea dip and lemon wedges or Tzatziki AND a big Greek Salad
Tzatziki (Greek Yogurt and Cucumber Dip/Sauce)
- 1 cucumber
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 of a cup extra virgin olive oil
- 500g strained Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbsps of red wine vinegar
- a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- To prepare this traditional Greek tzatziki sauce recipe, remove the skin and the seeds of the cucumber and grate it into a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Wrap the grated cucumber in a towel and squeeze, in order to get rid of the excess water.
- Assemble the tzatziki sauce. In a bowl, add the cucumber, the minced garlic and olive oil, the yogurt, 1-2 tbsps of red wine vinegar, a pinch of salt and blend, until the ingredients are combined. Store the tzatziki sauce in the fridge and always serve cold. (Alternatively, if you have a blender, pour in the olive oil and garlic and blend until combined. Then mix with the rest of the ingredients using a spoon. This will help the garlic to mix better with the rest of the ingredients).
- Prepare this traditional tzatziki sauce for your friends and family and serve as a delicious dip with some warm pita breads aside, or as a sauce for Greek-style souvlaki. Enjoy!