Sticky Marmalade & Soy Sauce Marinade
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce (GF Soy Sauce is available at most supermarkets)
- 1/2 cup Marmalade (I used a Beerenberg Blood Orange Marmalade and mum uses and English Marmalade)
- Chilli Powder or Flakes to taste
- 2 tbspn of orange/lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed or crushed (Garlic Infused Oil would work too!)
- 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
What to do?
- Preheat oven to 220°C
- Mix together marmalade ingredients. Place marinade and wings/ribs/chops in a plastic resealable bag and seal. Coat evenly by moving meat around in the bag. Marinate meat in refrigerator for at least an hour or preferably overnight. You can also place the ingredients into a dish and use a basting brush to cover them in the sauce.
- Grease a baking pan with vegetable oil/ghee and spread meat out on tray.
- Pour marinade from bag into saucepan and bring to a boil. Gently boil marinade for a couple of minutes. Use cooked marinade for basting meat later.
- Roast meat until crispy and brown, about 40 to 50 minutes for wings. Baste after 15 minutes and 3 more times until fully cooked through, the juices run clear when pierced, and reads 74°C on a meat thermometer. Remove from oven and serve.