One Pot Chicken Pilaf Ingredients
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 large or 2 small free range, boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into chunks
- 2 tsp curry paste (choose your favourite)
- a third of a mug basmati rice
- two-thirds of a mug chicken stock
- 1 mug frozen mixed vegetables
- herbs to taste (optional)
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, then fry the onion for 5-6 mins until softened.
- Add the chicken pieces, fry for a further couple of mins just to colour the outside, then stir in curry paste, herbs and rice.
- Pour in the chicken stock and throw in the frozen veg. Bring to the boil, lower the heat, then cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook for 10 mins or until all the stock is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Give everything a good stir, season to taste, then tuck in.