Gluten Free Paella Recipe (low FODMAP, dairy free)Ingredients
- 6 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 165g raw king prawns (optional)
- 300g paella rice (other short grain rice can be substituted)
- 1 red pepper finely chopped
- tin of chopped tomatoes 400g
- 1 1/2ltr of chicken stock
- 200g green beans (optional - non fodmap diet you can add peas)
Spices + seasoning
- pinch saffron strands
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbs garlic-infused olive oil for frying
- fresh chives
- zest & juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 small bunch dill, chopped
- 1/2 small bunch mint, chopped
- 1/2 small bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/2 small bunch chives, chopped
- Chop your red pepper and skinless, boneless chicken thighs.
- Fry your finely chopped red pepper in garlic-infused olive oil until softened. Add your chopped chicken thighs and fry until sealed.
- Add all your spices apart from salt and pepper to the pan and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add your entire tin of chopped tomatoes and 500ml of boiling water. Add your paella rice too.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until the rice is cooked and everything has reduced like in the photos. Keep stirring occasionally throughout. It'll need more regular stirring, the more reduced it becomes.
- When it's looking pretty done, add your raw king prawns and stir for 3-4 minutes until cooked.
- Add freshly chopped chives on top and serve with a quarter of a lemon (for squeezing) for each person.
If you're not following the low FODMAP diet, you can always add a handful of frozen peas when you add your fresh prawns.
Also, if you're not following the low FODMAP diet, adding a handful of raw, finely chopped chorizo when you add your chicken thighs is pure heaven.