Spring Lamb Chops with Dijon-Herb Pan Sauce
Low-FODMAP, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
1kg. bone-in grass fed lamb chops e.g. BBQ Chops
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup Low-FODMAP Chicken Broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons cold butter
3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (or 1 tablespoon dried)
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Sear the lamb chops until golden brown and medium rare, about 3 - 5 minutes each side, working in batches if needed.
- When chops are done, transfer to a serving platter and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and de-glaze the pan by carefully pouring in the broth and wine, scraping up any browned bits. Simmer until broth and wine have reduced by half.
- Stir in the Dijon and lemon juice and simmer one minute more. Add the butter and stir until melted. Remove from heat and stir in the chives and rosemary. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chops and serve.