See what we are going to do is squeeze the little meatballs from the sausages... you should get 3-4 meatballs per sausage and then the rest of the ingredients are also basics you've probably got at home already. This is perfect for a super fast dinner - its ready as quick as the pasta takes to cook and you can customise it to your taste by the different sausages you buy. Our Preservative Free Range has over a dozen varieties and they aren't full of flour or fillers - they are just meat, herbs & spices!
Sausage Meatballs & Spaghetti
For the meatballs:
- Olive oil
- 8 good-quality pork sausages
- 1 pack spaghetti
- Sea salt
- A few sprigs fresh marjoram, thyme or rosemary, leaves picked
- 300g fresh peas, in their pods or even frozen peas work well
- 1 block Parmesan, to serve
- Olive oil or for Low FODMAP Garlic infused oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced (leave out if Low FODMAP)
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, leaves picked, stalks finely chopped
- 2 cans Roma tomatoes or a jar of passata
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Good quality balsamic vinegar
- Heat a large saucepan and add a few glugs of olive oil.
- Snip the sausages apart, then squeeze and pinch the meat out of the skins so that you get little meatball shapes - don't make them too big or they will take too long to cook. Try to get at least 3 balls out of each sausage. Don't worry about rolling them into perfect balls and making them look all fancy - rough and rustic is good! Put them into your pan with a little bit of oil & Keep frying and turning the meatballs until they're golden brown and cooked through. (Put them aside in a dish while you make the sauce).
- Put the spaghetti into a large pan of salted boiling water and cook according to the package instructions until al dente.
- To make your tomato sauce, grab the pan you cooked the meatballs in and Add the garlic and the chopped basil stalks and move them around the pan for a couple of minutes. Put some small basil leaves aside for later, and sprinkle the rest into the pan.
- Add the tomatoes and season carefully with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer, break up your tomatoes a bit more with a spoon and add a swig of balsamic vinegar - it's lovely for adding sweetness to the sauce.
- Add the meatballs back into to the pan with the sauce - tossing everything in all the lovely flavors. Cook for around 30 seconds.
- When your spaghetti is cooked, drain it and divide the pasta and meatballs between 4 bowls. Spoon over the tomato sauce. Sprinkle over the reserved basil leaves and serve with a handful of fresh peas (leave them in the middle of the table so every one can have a go at shelling their own) and a little Parmesan for grating or shaving over the top.
Delicious - dinner done in under 15min!