So whatever you've got on hand or have picked up from the butcher you can make this up and I promise you, you'll be mixing this one up again & again!
What You'll Need:
- 1kg pork chops or lamb bbq chops or even chicken thighs or drumsticks
- 6 garlic cloves (*or just use garlic oil if Low Fodmap/SIBO friendly)
- 1 large size shallot
- 2 stalks lemongrass (cut off top and bottom and use the inner part of lemongrass only)
- 1 tablespoon gluten free tamari sauce (or 2 tbsp coconut aminos)
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil*
- Black pepper to taste
- 3 teaspoons good honey
- Fresh lime juice, as much as you like
What to do:
- Preparations. Place the marinade ingredients into a food processor and process to a fine mixture. Pour the marinade sauce over the meat and marinate overnight in the fridge (or into zip lock bags/containers & freeze).
- Day of grilling. Leave the meat at room temperature for 30 minutes to remove some of the chill before grilling. (defrost in the fridge if thawing from frozen)
- Preheat a grill over medium-high to high heat and grill each piece for about 3-4 minutes per side. - until the meat is cooked through and the surface is in light golden brown colour.
- Serve with fresh lime juice and eat while they are sizzling hot.
- These go great with a fresh salad, rice or noodles/zoodles!