The delicious flavor from the spices along with the crisp crust from the yogurt marinade makes this an easy recipe that tastes amazing & is perfect for a midweek meal and if you've got leftovers, throw them in the lunch box too!
- 1 cup yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint
- 4 strips lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground
- 2 - 3kg free range bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces (the more you chicken, the more mouths you can feed or the more leftovers for lunch!
- Sea salt to taste
- Place all ingredients, except chicken and salt, in a blender and blend until incorporated and smooth.
- Put chicken in a large zip lock bag or a dish and cover with marinade. Marinate chicken overnight.
- For cooking, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove chicken from marinade, leaving marinade on chicken.
- Add chicken pieces to a cookie sheet/baking paper and space evenly. For larger amounts of chicken, use two pans so chicken isn’t overly crowded.
- Lightly salt each piece of chicken.
- Dispose of additional marinade left behind.
- Bake for 50 minutes (longer for larger pieces) or until golden brown and completely cooked.
- serve with rice & vegetables or a salad. :D