POTATO GEM NACHOS
Doesn’t even just the sound of this dish make your mouth water??? This is a fabulous dish for a Friday night, to watch the Footy Finals, or for any day that ends in Y for that matter!
You’ve got the delicious crunch from your potato gems, the gooey melted cheese, the spicy mince & sauce and the fresh tomatoes and creamy guacamole all on one plate…. OMG this is seriously sooooo good! Put a plate of this out and watch it get devoured… hmmm you might need to make a second one!
Potato Gem Nachos
What you’ll need
- 500g Beef Mince
- 1kg pkt frozen potato gems
- 30g pkt taco seasoning
- 2 cups coarsely grated cheese (mozzarella or cheddar)
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- Avocado, mashed, to serve
- Sour cream, to serve
- Hot sauce, to serve
- Baby herbs, to serve
What to do:
Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan forced. Place the potato gems in an ovenproof frying pan and sprinkle with 1/2 the taco seasoning. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Brown the mince in a frypan with some oil and sprinkle the remaining taco seasoning all over (you can mix the seasoning with a little water if you like)
Sprinkle the potato gems with the beef mince and cheese and bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
Sprinkle with the tomato and onion. Top with avocado, sour cream, hot sauce and herbs. Serve immediately.