Savoury Mince is a classic, staple, whatever you want to call it, we love it! We love it because it’s cheap, it’s delicious & it’s so versatile!
Once you make the basic mince mixture, you can use it for;
- Savoury Mince Jaffles
- Shepherds Pie
- Spaghetti Bolognese
- Mince on Toast
- Over Rice
- Chilli Con Carne
- Chow Mein
- San Cho Boi
See… so many options…
- 2 tbsp Oil (olive)
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves crushed (or 2 teaspoons minced garlic)
- 1 tsp Beef Stock Powder
- 1 large Carrot peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste 840 grams Tomatoes,
- Crushed 2 x tins 600 grams Mince Beef
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 250 grams Mixed Frozen Vegetables or some peas, beans & potato chopped up.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic – cook, stirring for 5 mins or until onion soft.
- Add mince, beef stock powder and spices.
- Cook until mince browned – stir occasionally.
- Add carrot and other veggies.
- Cook another 5 mins, stirring.
- Add tomato paste then stir another 2 mins. Add tomatoes, then increase heat and bring to boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat again to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 mins until sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Read more at: https://www.stayathomemum.com.au/recipes/savoury-mince/