SLOW COOKER SAUSAGES IN ONION GRAVY (LOW FODMAP OPTIONS)
Slow Cooker Sausages in Onion Gravy is perhaps one of the easiest recipes on the entire website to make! You can use any type of sausages from pork, beef, chicken, lamb or turkey. This is your basic Bangers & Mash recipe… BUT there are SOOOOO many ways to use sausages, so I will put a bunch of links below so you can get lots of ideas on how to use your snags and keep the family fed and interested!
- 8 Thin Sausages
- 1 Brown Onion large, sliced into thin rings (Low FODMAP use the green part of a leek or shallots)
- 1 tsp Granulated Garlic (Low FODMAP use 1-2 tbsn Garlic Oil)
- 2 tbsp Gravy Mix
- 1/2 tsp Mixed Herbs
- Place the onion rings (Leeks) on the bottom of the slowcooker and place the sausages on top.
- In a jug add the gravy mix, garlic (garlic oil) and 2 cups of hot water. Stir well to combine.
- Add the herbs (optional) to the gravy mix and pour over the top of the sausages.
- Cook on low for four hours (or high for 2.5 hours).
Recipe Hints and Tips:
- Serve with mashed potato and crusty bread.
- Allow the mixture to cool, place into a ziplock bag and freeze for up to three months!Read more at: https://www.stayathomemum.com.au/recipes/slow-cooker-sausages-in-onion-gravy/
More Sausage Recipe Ideas: